Today I collected two copies of my book and a few sets of cards from a local printer. Overall they turned out well but I’m glad I didn’t place a large order. Most of the digital paintings have printed very dark in comparison to what I see on screen, this is of course to be expected when working on a RGB screen and printing in CMYK but I thought it would have been fairly close.
Negative points aside, I’m happy how everything else turned out. It’s a good feeling to hold a book in your hand that you made by yourself, I just hope it’s as good as I think it is!
Below are some shots of the book and character cards, as you can see from some of the pages it close to impossible to see the detail on Mr. Thunder and Mr. Lightning. Now that I have these ‘test’ prints I know now what to tweak to get it right on the next print.